"Think how you can, not why you can't." - Dr. John H. Cox -

Monday, August 16, 2010

Me and My Authenticity

I realized something today.

I have had a crappy summer.

There.  I said it.

Whew.  I feel better.

Here's the thing about being authentic...

I reserve the right to speak the truth - My Truth - at any given time.

I reserve the right to be honest - even if it's not what I (or anyone around me) might want to hear.

I reserve the right to see the blessings and light even in the crappiest situations, but I'm not going to pretend.

I'm not one for magazine smiles.

I think I should leave it at that.

Cuz, that's just me --

and my goal is to be authentic.



"In Truth There is Love" by Elvira Amrhein

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your summer has been crappy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks Pam. I wasn't seeking sympathy at all, but I'll take it! lol Mostly, I was just trying to make a point. Alot of people seem to think that if you are a teacher, or considered a spiritually-evolved person, or "on the path," so to speak, or you know "The Secret" (which wasn't really a secret after all) then you are not allowed to have a bad day and that the skies are always blue and life is just damn peachy. Ha. You and I both know the Truth - we are all spiritual beings just trying to make our way in this human existence which means if you are going to be AUTHENTIC, the pink glasses gotta GO! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The angel is beautiful! Sorry your summer hasn't been the greatest and good for you for saying so :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Tina, if we are still on this planet then it means we are still spiritually-evolving. No matter if you are a teacher or not. "Crap happens" even crappy summers. You still find beauty, we hear it in your words and see it in the pictures and art you share. So how wonderful all this caring you have even through the crap. I wish you wonder and joy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing and I know things will get better. You are surrounded by people who care about you and the universe sends its love to all.

    ReplyDelete