"Think how you can, not why you can't." - Dr. John H. Cox -

Monday, March 29, 2010

Uneventful Event.....

And I like it that way!
Procedure #1 - CHECK.
Things went remarkably smooth and on-time this morning.  THAT, I like!  My Dear Designated Driver said she waited for me for about an hour, but it seemed like just minutes.  Next thing I know, I'm eating crackers and drinking ginger ale.  And, hey, who took my gorgeous gown and headdress?  lol  Did I ask for ginger ale?  I DO love it - and dang, shoulda got some at the store for later in the week.  Oh well, guess I'll delegate it ;)
I am scheduled to go back to Dr. Spine Wiz in two weeks - the same day I am tentatively scheduled to get the stitches out of my foot.  Two birds with one trip to Annapolis.  I can dig it.  Who knows - maybe I'll even feel up to a lil Middle Eastern chow and a movie by then.  Any volunteers to chauffeur?
My instructions for the rest of today are:  rest, ice, pain medicine.  CHECK.  Guess I'll turn on the TV.  How do you work this thing anyway? 
Stay tuned...

12 comments:

  1. I came on FB to specifically check and Lo the Joy.

    Many candles burned on your behalf. I am so glad it went well.

    Love, love, love.

    XOX

    Lis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checking in with you. I hope all continues to go well today. If you need a day off tomorrow to prepare for Thursday don't fret about me I have Diane and Linda to hold me over until we meet again :) I am overwhelmed by all that you have say needs fixed you seem so normal to me........stay normal but rejuvenated!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear...ahem..."Anonymous" lol,
    NOOOOOOOO - NOT THAT - DEAR GOD, NO - DON'T MAKE ME TAKE OFF FROM WORK! *giggles* I can remember a time I WISH I had foot surgery just so I could get off from work! Whew, so glad to have a job I love. In fact, it doesn't even fall into the category of "work"!
    What would I do to "prepare" for Thursday? Chew my nails? The only other option is to go for quiche and mimosas at a lil local joint I've been dying to introduce you to. Last Hoorah! What say ye, Her Highness Anonymous?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so good to hear that things went well yesterday. Be sure and take advantage of all the attention and care - it sure does not last long (been there :)) So...what sort of Middle Eastern chow is to your fancy??

    Sending lots of love and positive energy your way...TJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok...it just occured to me that if we use your hands and my feet, we could complete a downward dog...hahaha. I am not sure that I can last another 9 months before being able to do one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. DEAL! Partner down dog! Me LUVVVVSSS me some down dog!!!!!!!
    Ms. Anonymous Carolyn says there's a good place at Annapolis Harbor Center. Ever been?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never been - perhaps that will have to be a field trip for us when we are BOTH healed. And...I have not forgotten that we have a date to see Eat, Pray Love. One could never forget that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.
    -- Hippocrates

    ReplyDelete
  9. Healing may not be so much about getting better, as about letting go of everything that isn't you - all of the expectations, all of the beliefs - and becoming who you are.
    -- Rachel Naomi Remen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried to sign my name and this BLOG left me without the opportunity. It didn't take you long to figure out who I am!!! It is a must that I see a movie tomorrow with Christine, we are leavng at 10:30 am, I will have to take a rain check on the local joint, maybe I can take you there next week. So I'll see you in the morning at 9 am, I have a short video of doga, dogs and yoga, we can watch. Don't split your sides laughing it is true, have you seen it?? Til tomorrow......

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm enjoying your blog so much. It's wonderful getting to know you through your writings.

    I LOVE this quote!
    Healing may not be so much about getting better, as about letting go of everything that isn't you - all of the expectations, all of the beliefs - and becoming who you are.
    -- Rachel Naomi Remen

    namaste

    ReplyDelete