"Think how you can, not why you can't." - Dr. John H. Cox -

Friday, July 16, 2010

I Am A Beginner

Yesterday I was able to execute several balancing poses on my right foot.

Can you imagine what arose in my solar plexus and heart?!

When you are literally thrilled to the core, it becomes a challenge to relax and breathe.  

But, instead of hopping up and down on my one foot (which would have been ok too)......

I decided to try to settle in to that feeling and just allow the swirling energy to expand and radiate throughout the rest of my body.



Imagine a delightful, playful, fluttering, swirling vortex of energy in your center that you purposely allow to seep, trickle, and rise freely, wherever it may roam in your Being.  By nature, it will take the path of least resistance.  To me that means, the more I relax, the more I soften, the more I breathe, the further it can go.   Yes.  

Relax.

Soften.

Breathe.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.   

For just that moment, I feel as if I could balance forever...on one healing foot.  One beginner foot.  One baby foot.  A foot that is starting over from the very beginning.

I say to myself, "Maybe I could somehow capture this moment...this feeling...this concept.  If only I could...and somehow share it......"


Relax.

Soften.

Breathe.


When I place my other foot back on the floor, I realize...the swirling is still there. 

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Aaaaah haaaaaa.......

Suddenly, I no longer remember which specific pose I was in.  And, I kinda don't care.

I love that.

I. Love. That.

A remembrance - of WHY this is my passion - my joy - and my purpose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am 100% smitten with this "return to beginner" phase I have been forced into.  In fact, I think I want to be considered a beginner forever.  In this way, I am always learning and expanding and growing with my students.  This perspective allows me to release assumptions and expectations.  And grants us all blessed freedom.

May we always remain young, playful, child-like in our perspectives 
toward growing and learning.

May we soften into our Selves.

May we turn ourselves inside out.
For as long as we live.

3 comments:

  1. Nice photos. Who is that lovely child? H-m-m-m
    Oh, now I know. The seniors are so cute. I wish I was there. Keep it going kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go back to that time right now. This makes my eyes fill with tears of wishing I would have that moment one more time, I love and miss her. What the hell Louise??? What the hell Ashley??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Anonymous (Thelma) - I know, I thought the same thing. And almost took that picture down. But to do that would be to erase all the great memories I/we have of our Ashley. And I'll never do that.

    ReplyDelete