"Think how you can, not why you can't." - Dr. John H. Cox -

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

"I was only sleeping"

Sitting on the step drinking my coffee this morning, communing with my little plant, "Joyce's Rhapsody."

 love never forgets

I've been a bit upset because I accidentally broke it when I was trying to tie up some of the gorgeous blossoms to give them some support.  As some of you may recall, this is the beauty I planted in honor and memory of my friend, Joyce, who recently passed away.  Every day I go out and water it and whisper, "Grow, grow, little plant.  Please don't die on me."  It did nothing for weeks.  It didn't die.  But it didn't thrive.  Now, all of a sudden.......it is sprouting forth at lightning speed!  I'm not kidding....sometimes I'll leave for a few hours and swear it has grown 1/2" by the time I get back!  THIS makes me happy!

On the other hand......

I still have some real concern for these poor trees.  I look at them every day.  Touch them.  Give them healing energy.  I guess some people would call them hopeless and just chop them down.  I simply can't give up on them.  I had a thought this morning that maybe I should really go buy some "tree medicine."  Then....as I was walking back to the house.......

...this little beauty shouted out at me, "Look at me!  Look at me!  I haven't asked or needed anything and look at me!"

What's funny is....this photo is raw - completely untouched - no flash, no Photoshop, no nothing - and look at how crisp and still all of the greenery is, and by contrast, how she is moving and makes herself look like a bright, white, star!  It's almost as if she is saying, "First ya gotta catch me!"  :D

1 comment: