"Think how you can, not why you can't." - Dr. John H. Cox -

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Wilderness

Last night I was thinking about how I wish I could paint my pain.

I searched the internet, looking for an image that "fit."

I found hundreds of pictures.  Some made me cry.  Some made me mad.  Some stirred my empathy muscles - the hollow barrel of my solar plexus - like a butter knife, skimming the sides.

There were paintings in red.  And blue.  And black.  Some very prolific.  Some so powerful, the pain was nearly tangible.

Most of the artists seemed either bright-red angry or helplessly prussian.

I nod my head in agreement. "I feel that."

Still......nothing came close to depicting my pain.  Not that it's so bad, really.  It's just...my pain is ...elusive...tricky...almost like a cawing crow, in it's own way.

My journey through pain is much more like a jaunt in the wilderness.

A barren land of onyx  - with faintly feathered trees - stained droplets - and stroked sunlight - somewhere off in the distance.



That place over there...  

It's only...

A few 
barefoot steps
away -
upon an Earth, 
ignited.


And 
a short stint -
through 
that maize-tinged
maze.



A leap -
one last
thorny mound.


A saunter -


A stumble -


A rise -


One 
drenched 
tendril.  


I dashrunSCREAMfall.


I recline on a rock 

bathe in a stream 

and catch 

a lone butterfly 

in my skirt.  

 

I

am

not

here.


I

am

not

there.


I awaken.  Gaze out the window.  The tree leaves bow...heads heavy... rain-drenched.  Start the coffee.  Open the back door.


...


...


Thought to get my shoes on and dash out there.....see if I could stand in it......catch it in my hands.....

But, you and I both know what would happen.

I am a but a gypsy ~

in the wilderness.

Using demure words ~

as paint.

3 comments:

  1. So, so beautiful, Tina. Raw and real and spoken/written with such truth. Makes me think about wilderness: it's not for capturing, it's for experiencing. I wonder how I can come to terms with this in my own life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dian. Mission accomplished - as my reason for writing in this little corner is to process my own thoughts, hopefully find some keys along the way, and share them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. magic. I have the same wind chime in my backyard in Woodland Hills. just like the clay angel. i've gone chasing magic rays myself. mesmerizing. love those moments. xo

    ReplyDelete