"Think how you can, not why you can't." - Dr. John H. Cox -

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Chronicles of the Stripper (based on a true story) by Tina

So...ummm...I'm selling skincare products.

No...no one has hijacked my laptop.  It's me - Tina!  :)

No...no one is holding me hostage.  It's me - Tina!  :)

No one bribed me or coerced me or promised me anything.  It's me - Tina!  :)

I am the one who wears the T that says "can I be honest with you?"  Remember? yeah!  ME!




So, about the stuff...

In short, here's what happened:

My good friend, Jacqueline who lives alllllllll the way over there in Cali, starting selling Beauty Society products.  I was interested - but mostly just to help her her out.  She has helped me out quite a few times over the years - this is how women support one another, right? :)

So, I sampled a few things,  and bought maybe a product or two, just to help Cap'n Jacq.  I never expected much.  Eh?  Skincare products?  I dunno - none of them ever do what they claim.  In essence - THEY LIE - or at least fib!  And, honestly...after all these years of trying this and that - and, a few times even going over the top for some "miracle" product - I had just dropped everything and settled on very very basic and simplistic skincare.  Oatmeal, honey, witch hazel, and the like...cheap, and kinda sorta 75% worked for me.

So, I'm using these Beauty Society samples here and there and all of a sudden I start noticing little things.  Like - ummmm, WHERE did my pores go?  Ummm, why is my face not shiny at noon?  And, heyyy...my face kinda feels good to the touch.  Hmmmm.  Did the Midlife Fairy Godmother pay me a visit or sumn?  *grins*

I could only surmise it was the Beauty Society products.  That was the only thing I had changed.  I certainly had NOT won the lottery and gone for a professional microdermabrasion treatment - cuz, I woulda remembered that!

Now I'm wanting MORE.  My samples are running out.  Eh.  I'm not sure I can afford these products.  I talk to Jacq.  Together we conclude that I could buy the whole "Diva Kit" as they call it, for the same price as a few of the products I really wanted.

Me?  A consultant?  Salesperson?  DIVA?!!!!  Nah......

Still unconvinced, I piecemeal a few more products.

I'm happy.  Things are goin goooooood.  Less maintenance. Less makeup.  Easy.  Simple.  Feels good.  Free - and you know how I feel about my freeeeeedom!!!!!!!!!!

I run out of The Stripper and think, "Oh well, I'll just go back to witch hazel or some other toner or astringent thingy."  No problem, right?  Not a big deal.

Uh-oh.....here comes that army o' large pores a marchin in.  Where were those guys anyway, extended lunch break?  And, blotchiness!  Hey...what's goin on around here?  Ohhhhhh.......I had been using that stuff called Drama Free and ran out of that too.

Begeeeeeeeeeeeeeze.  Is it possible I am addicted to skincare products?  In such a short period of time?  I didn't even feel that coming on.  I must being suffering from withdrawal!  Somebody phone Intervention pronto!

Well, I didn't email Intervention, but I did email Cap'n Jacq!  "Get me some of that Stripper and Drama Free stuff STAT, Jacq!"  She says to me, "Tina, I'll send you out these two products, but this is insane, woman!  You could have bought the whole kit and more by now!"  I tell her to give me a day - cuz that's just how I am, yanno ;)

It's a few days later, and I wave the white flag.

"Alright, Jacq.  You got me.  I'm IN." (and hurry up and send me the stuff before I change my mind!)

Well, let me tell you - whomever is reading this...

It has been Christmas in September ever since.  Not only did I get The Stripper and Drama Free but I got the kit and more more more.  No extra cost!  Big boxes are arriving at my doorstep!!!!!!!   Oh my!!!!!!  Gifts!  Extras! A huge, very sturdy duffle bag on wheels, which I used immediately for a yoga overnighter.  Nice notes and lots of special attention.  Good grief!  The mice have set Cinderella freeeeeeeeeee.  I am feeling like a princess and wonder if someone has made a mistake!

It takes me a few days to settle back to Earth.....

I sit in the floor of my office, surrounded like a kid at Christmas-time, thinking to myself, "OK, this is all well and fine and wonderful but...how am I supposed to embody the persona of a 'Diva' and sell these products?  WHO are you kidding, Tina?"

I bite my lip.  Chew a fingernail or two.  Twist my hair.

I'll use my daughter as a guinea pig!  After all, she IS the only person on this Earth I can flat out order to do something!  *grins*  I give her a small sample of the Set Me Free cleanser and beg her to try it.  She says she will, but I have my doubts.  Now, this girl is extremely picky about what she uses on her face - even moreso than I am!  She has very sensitive and finicky skin and any change in routine is just asking for disaster.  She's also as stubborn as a cute lil newborn mule :)  A few days later she calls me out of the blue and says exactly this, "Mom, my face feels SO good.  And, I can't believe it's the afternoon and it's not oily at all!"

NOW, I smile.  :)

Next, I have to decide on a ummm....."business approach. "  bleh.

It didn't take me long though! 

Here's what I came up with:  Very simply, I am going to be honest.  That's it!

Hey, it works in the other facets of my livelihood, doesn't it?  And, my platform is authenticity and empowering women, after all.

So, that's it.  I'm being honest with YOU and YOU and YOU and YOU (and all of your friends and family).

1.  The stuff works.  It does what it says it will.
2.  You can get free samples, OR, if you purchase something and don't care for it, there is a bottom-of-the-bottle, money-back guarantee from the company and from ME.  You already know you can trust me!
3.  If, by any chance, you decide, as I did, to buy the Diva Starter Kit - you will be treated like royalty. I am NOT kidding.  And furthermore - even if you never sell a single thing, you still get insane discounts on the product.  (I figured, hey - even if I can just fund my own "habit" what would be wrong with that?!)
4.  Browse the labels!  You'll be just as pleasantly surprised as I was to see ingredients like:  tea tree, sage thyme, chamomile, and Vitamins A, C & E.  I like that! :)
5.  Beauty Society cares about the environment and getting the most for your money.  Many of the products are available in a refill and I have noticed that the serums and cleansers go a very long way.  You only need a little to get the job done.  Seriously!
6.  And, here's the clincher:  Beauty Society has teamed up with Women for Women International - an organization that helps to support and empower women in war-torn countries.  Now, that, I LOVE!

Here's my challenge for YOU: 

Tell me - where is your current skincare program lacking?

Is there any one particular area you'd like to work on  (for me it's dark circles under my eyes and old scars/blotchiness)?

I challenge you to try one product and let me know what you think.  If you don't like it (but I know you will) - you get a full refund.  Period.

What say ye?


Oh!  And, did I mention makeup?  :D







3 comments:

  1. Ok Thelma is a stripper too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so inspiring and convincing. You have such a way of expressing your thoughts. If you were here now, I'd probably buy the whole kit lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, if I brought the whole kit down you'd be DOOMED, in a good way of course :-)

    ReplyDelete