"Think how you can, not why you can't." - Dr. John H. Cox -

Saturday, September 4, 2010

T-R-U-S-T

I can't blog about trust again, can I? 

Geeeeeze......this thing just keeps on poppin up!

I opened one of my all time-fav books, Until Today by Iyanla Vanzant this morning and this is what she has to say...

*(excerpts)*

Trust is never out there...

Trust is a decision...

Trust is not about looking for evidence that you are doing things right every step of the way as you move toward the end result... 

Trust is not about getting something back for the work you do as a sign that you are doing the right thing...

Trust is based on your ability to stand your ground and rely on your own abilities, knowing that no matter what happens, you will be better off than you were at the beginning...


Something came up in my class with the seniors just the other day...

I was encouraging each of them to build trust within themselves - within their own bodies.  We talked about how props and supports (i.e., chair wheelchair, wall) are precisely that - props and supports; but not the primary source of strength or stability.  Get it?  In other words, a walker becomes a hindrance and possibly a safety hazard if one is leaning on/into it, rather than just using it as a secondary tool to their own strength.  Eh?  

I left them with this question: 

"WHO/WHAT do you trust the most - your Self or a prop?"

And, to turn the mirror around, I must ask:

"WHO/WHAT am I leaning on unnecessarily?"

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you ask the really hard questions and find the answers within every time.

    ReplyDelete