"Think how you can, not why you can't." - Dr. John H. Cox -

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Archangel Raphael Wears Reeboks Too!

I guess alot of people wouldn't "get" this, but I've been really upset about some gorgeous trees on our property that got weighed down in the snowstorm.  Now, these are some HUGE and HEAVY trees ---- it's not a simple matter of a stake and some rope and you're done.  I've toiled with thoughts of having them cut down and taken away (very expensive), or having someone come here to try to "do something" with them (also very expensive).  No one in the household seems much bothered by the trees left for dead except me.  And that's ok too - I realize that not everyone is quite as sensitive and "attached" to living things as I am.  I've also been HERE, at the house, for some 40+ days now, and you know how that is - you "see" things you might not even normally notice quite as much.

In any event, I was browsing around some of my favorite fantasy art sites earlier today and saw this one by Selina Fenech that I had admired some years ago but had forgotten about:


and I thought to myself....."Wow, that drawing depicts exactly how I feel about those dying trees in the backyard!"  In fact, I also have a tree stump just like that in my front yard - where the neighbors cut down a tree long ago (it's on the borderline of our properties).

I'm sorry people, but chopped down and/or dying trees make me sad.  That's just the truth.

Later on this evening, I had settled in to do some online work when my neighbor came to the front door and said, "I just wanted to let you know, we're in your backyard checking out your tree situation."

The next thing I know, she and I are sitting on my back deck with the animals (hers, mine, ours) watching her husband and his friend literally standing these huge trees up with the help of some ropes and tools!  Honestly, I didn't know whether to applaud or cry or swirl up a huge batch of margaritas!

 Huge thanks to Kevin 
and his generous friend whom I have never even met before!

There are no guarantees of course, BUT....I happen to believe, with a little nurturing and loving kindness, there is hope for my beloved ones.

And...with more people like this, there is hope for mankind.


Trees are poems that earth writes upon the sky,
We fell them down and turn them into paper,
That we may record our emptiness.
~Kahlil Gibran

1 comment:

  1. Leesa ~ goddess of the gypsy moonMay 14, 2010 at 5:23 PM

    ooooooh.
    the poem by Kahlil Gibran has always touched me in the secret places of my being.
    I feel the same way about trees - I am in love with them:
    I've played in their shadows/shade, I've danced beneath their branches, I've hugged them though their bark is rough, I've rubbed my hands along Aspens white skin and covered my own with the powder if gave, I've hung chimes, birdhouses, & ribbons from their limbs, I've set up altars at their base and seen fairies hide in their exposed roots, I've made love upon the hard ground before them and watched the moon & stars & sun peek from their leaves/canopy and eaten joyfully of their bounty. I know their spirit intimately and have upon occassion even seen their faces.
    Trees are kindred spirits to mine.
    I am so happy that those men noticed and cared enough to love them for you.

    ReplyDelete