"Think how you can, not why you can't." - Dr. John H. Cox -

Thursday, May 20, 2010

*Gasp* - Is She Going ------- THERE?!

Perhaps it goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway...

I respect and acknowledge ALL religions and forms of spiritual practice.  

My personal belief is that there are more common threads than many people realize or care to acknowledge, and that segregation is our own doing.

I do not engage in religious debate.  I'd much rather just say, "Of course you're right." and walk away, knowing what I know.

I consider myself fairly knowledgeable in the arenas of religion and spirituality, having studied and practiced a myriad of "isms" in great detail.

What I WILL openly profess is this:  the thing I totally dig about creating your own form of spirituality is that there are so many resources available today from which to gain insight and inspiration.  (I include nature in this genre.)

I am not advising anyone. 

What I am merely suggesting, based on my own knowledge and experience is:

  • should you happen to feel suffocated by the religious doctrine you were raised under...
  • should you happen to feel alienated by any/all religions you have previously been exposed to...
  • should you happen to argue that there could not possibly be any "Source" considering the state of our affairs in the world as we know it...
  • should you happen to feel lost, grasping at the air, feeling like you have nothing to hang on to...

open your mind and your heart, and keep trying ;)

my nightstand


*Note:  you may wonder why I would even dare to "go there" at all.....here's the reason...I've been thinking lately about how incredibly petrifying, hopeless, helpless LIFE must seem at times to people who have absolutely nothing to believe in.  Whew.  Sad.

1 comment:

  1. I love this, because I am definitely more spiritual than religious. It's very personal and I don't really subscribe to one belief but rather take qualities out of many and make them my own. There is a divine power or source guiding me.
    I appreciate your post. <3

    ReplyDelete