"Think how you can, not why you can't." - Dr. John H. Cox -

Saturday, May 22, 2010

SOMEONE's Been Sleeping in MY BED!

I DID! I DID! I DID!

Today I walked all the way down the stairs and back to my little siddhi/shed in the woods!  

Now, remember.....it's been (count em)...TWO SUMMERS...since I've been able to make it back there due to some....um....unforeseen physical circumstances!

I flung open the doors and, boy!  The creepy crawlies scattered like a busted bonfire party!  I do not even know WHAT some of those huge things were!  

Anyway....I let them run...stomped real hard on the floor to warn the mice, and sent my BIG BAD BOUNCER BOYS, Max and Dukie, in ahead of me to part the seas...

The first thing I said (yes, aloud) when I stepped in was, "SOMEONE's been sleeping in my bed!"  

The boys sniffed all around in the corners and since they didn't seem to be "on" to anything, I assumed the coast was clear.

My Gosh!  What a mess!  Now, I fully suspected the critters had been hosting some all-nighters out there.  I even think I heard some music one night.  But, sheesh!  Couldn't they clean up their mess!?  Must have been teenage critters! :)

This is going to take some work, folks.  And I don't move so fast anymore.  BUT...  Like everything else in my life right now, I will get it done, baby step by baby step!

Today was a day for pulling weeds, a wee bit of raking, some serious extermination, and lots of envisioning :)

Once she's back up to code, this is sure to be where I spend most of my summer.  Working.  Writing.  Yoga-ing.  Painting.  Sleeping (BEST sleep in the world in this joint!) Doodling.  And dreaming.

Here's a quick tour (please pardon the stardust):

Meet your tour guide :)  I've never been one of those persons who has managed to master the art of self portraits via mirrors.  lol   I so love this little shift my friend, Elaine, gave me.  EVERY WOMAN needs a least one garb item that brings out the little girl in her.  This is it for me :)

*not sure if the power washing will get done this year, but flowers for the flower box and small chimes are MUSTS!*


Plenty of room left for...
life-stages graffiti!




Herein lie the phenomenal creations of my artists friends from all over the globe.

If you look very closely, I bet you might see something of yours!  :)

Evidence of those lil fluffy-tailed LUSHES!  Have they no shame at all?

Very important reminders!

On the way "back home" I came across the most intriguing little moth.  When she sat still with her wings folded, she looked like any other ordinary gray moth.  But when she took off.............the inside of her wings were....pale lavendar! *smiles*

I GET IT, little moth.  I GET IT.  *smiles x infinity*

4 comments:

  1. Wish we could all gather together and help you clean up from your visitors!

    Sweet haven you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you made it back there!!! that's going to be such a healing place for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goddess! So much to comment on. You're humor is intoxicating - Your image reflected in the mirror beyond adorable! I LOVE you even more than I thought I did just moments ago! - your sacred cottage sooooo wonderful - I see past the mess left by univited guests. Tina - I LOVE your space! What fun to play, create, heal, nap, BE in there! Why must you live so far from the mountains & me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooooooh and the magickal lavender moth! enchanting! I just know the faeries live there as well...

    ReplyDelete