"Think how you can, not why you can't." - Dr. John H. Cox -

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Nature's Poetry

At dawn in its unfurling
In my soul I felt the burning
Said goodbye to yesterday
Has One become the luxury
The one we drop so easily
Because we just can't pay?

The moon as an illusion
Lost symbol of our fusion
Appearing in the haze
The road is always winding
Driving, thinking, crying
Can we just cut through the maze?


My mind is full of questions
Hung on promises and lessons
Spilled answers as a guide
Can we change the All we wanted
When the circle grows more daunted
And pushes us aside?

There just is no expression
When within our own confession
The Self gets left behind
To craft the perfect picture
Does the palette hold a tincture
With a tonic drop inside?



Our lust for life is treading
Not knowing where we're heading
The love we had in tow
If I could read the presages
Bits-and-pieces messages
Would I understand the flow?



2010 Tina Marks

2 comments:

  1. deep - feel you sister.
    though I don't recognize the flowers you've posted, they convey the mood exactly.

    personal note:
    I'm gonna comment on every one I read, most likely, please don't feel obligated to poet them all - just want to 'share' with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leesa ~ Rhapsody Clematis. Isn't she gorgeous? Planted in honor of my dear friend who just passed away from breast cancer.

    ReplyDelete