"Think how you can, not why you can't." - Dr. John H. Cox -

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Gnomes, Leprachauns, and Cooking Utensils

One day Cammie and I were discussing some sort of spiritual phenomena and she says to me, "Well...Ms. XYZ (revered spiritual leader) says...(fill in, whatever it was)."  Then she pauses for a moment and adds, "Of course, that was in the same book where she wrote a whole chapter on gnomes and leprachauns."  *chuckles*

At first glance, that may just seem like a humorous moment between her and I, and there are so many.  But, what I totally adore about my daughter is that she has the wherewithal to be open to so much, and honor and respect all of it; yet, she is able to distinguish what resonates and works for her Self.  Namaste, Dear Cammie.

What's my point?

I often challenge my students to enter my classes with minds and hearts much like a colander.  At the end of a class, I'll ask them to shake it out.  And whatever "sticks," belongs to them and is what they are meant to take with them...

I wonder what would/could happen if we all went out into the world today with the minds, bodies, and spirits of beautiful colanders?  Just a thought...

This is me today.  Like?

2 comments:

  1. That is one gorgeous colander !!! : ]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is! Gorgeous indeed!
    This is such a beautiful thought/practice Tina! I am going to incorperate it into my life. Thank you for being such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete