"Think how you can, not why you can't." - Dr. John H. Cox -

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Priceless.

My good friend and partner-in-crime, Lorraine, sayeth, "Great day to clear all your stones and crystals....place them out in the sun until the sun goes down then regenerate them with new intentions and prayers." 

Stones...crystals...hmm.  As with yoga, it seems there are some controversy and myths surrounding these little things.  Some say they hold energy.  Some say they carry healing properties.  Some say they can be used in exorcisms.  OK, I don't believe that one, but it's ok if you do :)

I learned quite a bit about rocks and minerals when I worked for an aggregates supplier.  The gist of it is (IMHO, of course)...if they are supplied by nature, from the Earth, well, there must be some good to them!  :)

My personal belief (not that you asked for it) is...there couldn't be anything wrong with that, and we may as well use them to their fullest extent, whatever that means to each person.  Many of my friends wear them around their wrists or necks.  Some carry pocket stones.  Certainly, many of us ingest minerals in the forms of foods and vitamins.  And then there's the correlation between gemstones and the chakras :)

In any event, there are also stories about how way back in history (and don't ask me when) the older ladies in a tribe (i.e., "crones") would etch symbols and words on the stones and gift them to the younger girls (i.e., "maidens" and "mothers").  Now that, I DIG :)  

I have shared the story of crone stones with many of my students, particularly the elderly women.  Some of them have personally gifted me with crone stones.  These, I look at every day.  As far as I'm concerned, they hold some of the purest intentions, highest vibrational energy, and greatest wisdom I have available to me.  

I also have some other little treasures in my sacred "toolbox."  A turtle (one of my totems) to remind me to slow down.  A bit of coral from the Hawaiian seas from my Reiki Master.  An acorn triquetta, symbolizing the three cycles of a woman's life, and a very important sister kindredship to me.

Just my thoughts on a gorgeous Saturday morn...

So, the next time you want to give someone a gift (especially a woman younger than yourself) how about choosing something that's FREE?!  Walk around outside and find one that "calls" to you.  Maybe scribe a message.  Maybe carry it in your own pocket for a while and then gift it to someone else, carrying all the blessings and lessons you have experienced!

And, as for me...well, it doesn't take much :)

 Just some of my many treasures.


No comments:

Post a Comment