"Think how you can, not why you can't." - Dr. John H. Cox -

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Asleep in the Awakening


My friend Yvonne posted this picture on her Facebook page.

*sigh*

There goes my gut again.  And my throat.  And then....that feeling....that just ripples and echoes throughout my entire body.

As I said to Yvonne - I can literally feel the heartbreak of these poor pet owners all the way to my bones.  I know that helplessness.  I know that shock.  I know that all-over numb.

And, as you can guess, this resonates even more deeply with me now.  And yes, it does make me think about putting up my own sign.  I have to wonder if it would give me any sense of closure?  Or perhaps be a way of granting myself a "voice." Or, least likely of course, cause someone driving along that road to think.  Yeah.  Awareness.

Eh.  Maybe not.  Probably not.

Maybe this picture just awakened a little part of me.  Yeah, that's probably it.

It's just me.

Standing in the darkness.  And blinding snow.  Screaming out.  To a Universe that doesn't hear me.

No comments:

Post a Comment