"Think how you can, not why you can't." - Dr. John H. Cox -

Saturday, April 3, 2010

"BACK OFF and Nobody Gets Hurt" - Recovery Day 2


My nurse/bodyguard is very serious about his job!  :) 
He's not quite sure what to make of this enormous boot.  Sometimes he barks at it.  Sometimes he claws at it.  Sometimes he tries to chew it.  Other times he just stares at it with a perplexed look on his face.  During the night he uses it as a pillow :)  Nevertheless, I am HIS Mommy, that foot is HIS property, and he is very protective of it!
Today I am tired.  My right quad is exhausted from holding my leg up.  My underarms are sore from the crutches.  My biceps and triceps (which I may have forgotten I even had) are talkin to me...is that RAP, for cry eye?!  It is a major accomplishment to do much of anything and then I have to just sit down, prop 'er on up, take some deep breaths, and - there's that word again  - REST.   This foot condo is H-E-A-V-Y!
The good news is ----- my foot must have been much more swollen than I realized before because the boot seems to be getting looser and looser.  I keep inflating it and it feels fine, but I can just really notice a difference in the "sizing" today as compared to yesterday.  My toes look almost normal, except for that glorious Betadine glow.  I am mega-curious, but can see little more than just a bunch of bandages in there *sigh*  I am feeling the top incision(s) more today than before.
All the same, I enjoyed sitting on the deck, soaking up the sunshine and sweet breeze, and the company of my beloved friend before her departure :(  Tried to nap outside in my lounger but it got chilly and I am a bit uncomfortable this afternoon so I'm now back inside (transition = major production), settled in the bed, all propped up with 582 strategically-placed pillows, listening to my nursemaid snore :)


...like sands in the hourglass.......

you know the rest :-)

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your description of Day 2. I felt like I was there. Thank goodness for Dukie! You're on your way to your new foot. Take it slow and easy. We're so glad Sherri was there and you girls had fun. See you real soon!

    ReplyDelete