"Think how you can, not why you can't." - Dr. John H. Cox -

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Invoke! Provoke! Evoke!

My Mom wants to know if I sit around and think up stuff to write about or if it just "comes out like that."  :-)  You're so funny, Mom!  

But that does bring something to mind --- 

I'm sure you've all met those people - you know - the ones who don't seem to think beforehand...they just open their mouths w-i-d-e and let stuff haphazardly spew out all over the place.  They don't even really seem to care (at the time, at least) whether or not what they say is right, or honest, or healthy for themselves or anyone within spewing range.  I'll bet most of you reading this are shaking your heads in agreement right now.  Because, we've all encountered those people, eh?  

Some dangerous stuff, right there, folks.  Far too skeeeeeery for a cautious Scorpio like me!  Even you (Mom) wrote in my baby book that if I couldn't pronounce something exactly right, I wouldn't say anything at all.  And then, suddenly and without warning, I'd just blow some stranger in the grocery store away with my stellar vocabulary!  :)  I guess I had already learned, even at 4 or 5 years old, that when you say precious little, people actually pay attention when you do choose to speak!  VERY COOL and quite a valuable philosophy, methinks.  Besides, the element of surprise is always sweet too, is it not?  :)

So I suppose it goes without saying - spewing via laptop does have its advantages!  Although the ideas do "just come to me like that".... I admit, this venue gives me/us the opportunity to think, and proof, and occasionally make edits hither and thither.  Sure beats the hell out of trying to swallow your own regurgitated JUNK.  Not very becoming!  And us quiet creatrixes have C-l-a-s-s ;) 

note:  absolutely positively NO offense or implications intended by this cartoon.  I just could not resist the irony and perfect fit that came up when I Googled, "foot in mouth cartoons"!  You have to admit.....it's funny!  :)

 

1 comment:

  1. No wonder you couldn't resist that cartoon. It's so in line with what you just wrote about this a.m. Hilarious. I laughed out LOUD!

    ReplyDelete