"Think how you can, not why you can't." - Dr. John H. Cox -

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Let's Flit


A whole gang of chickadees have come to visit me this morning.  I can't stop watching them.  I notice that they don't just sit on the deck and feast at the feeder like the other birds.  They come, get a nibble, then fly back into their trees.  Then sit on the gate and babble for a while.  Then back to the deck.  Then fly around for a while.  Then back for a nibble.  ~ They flitI was thinking about how much energy they are "wasting."  Why don't they just sit there and graze leisurely like most of my birds do?  (Ha!  like I am so much smarter than a chickadee....)

I'm so captivated by them, I must get out my "Bird Signs" deck.  I love this deck.  I've never seen anything like it.  Cammie got it for me as a gift.  The cards are beautiful, and it comes with a really nice book that talks about the significance of each bird.

When birds do something compelling enough to get my attention, it almost always involves ravens.  The raven is my totem or "familiar."  So I know alllll about ravens and have tons of entertaining stories about "our" antics together!  lol  Of course, a totem animal certainly doesn't have to be a bird!  My other totem is the turtle.  Do you have a totem or familiar?  Or any kind of creature that keeps on "showing up" in your life time and time again?  Investigate!  :-)

Anyway, here's what the chickadees had for me this morning (excerpts):

Inspiration:  Playfulness  (aaaahhhh.....the flitting!)
Healing colors:  black, white, purple
Message:  Playfulness abounds when your youthfulness emerges

...Chickadee's message is to take life less seriously.  Revisit your inner child....do cartwheels in the grass...play a game...climb a tree...Chickadee reminds you to laugh at yourself rather than at someone else...Is the number seven your lucky number?  Seven species of Chickadees breed in North America.  The seventh chakra is the crown chakra, which is connected to your truest spiritual vision.  Do you see someone who wants to connect with you?  Perhaps someone is thinking about you.  Perhaps a voice from beyond, a close friend or relative who has passed on, wants to encourage you to have fun and to play again.  Chickadee reassures you that the person you are thinking about is fine and that your life can move forward....you are safe and happy and free......

Mmmmmmmm......how delicious and ironic, yet absolutely fitting is that?!  N-i-c-e.

I love that.  Compelled to read it over and over again...

Mostly, it reminds me that....my inner child doesn't need two "good" feet to play, or dance, or do yoga on the beach by moonlight....and, just as my signature greeting card reminds us (shameless self plug).....

Her angel whispers yet once more
"One need not have long legs to stand tall.
Nor flawless wings to soar.
It is time to fly."

Yeah! I kinda forgot about that.  And I kinda like it.  Alot.   :D

So - c'mon everybody - LET'S FLIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment