"Think how you can, not why you can't." - Dr. John H. Cox -

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Strategic Life Planning 101

I've never been one to "publicly" declare any of my goals.  Or aspirations.  Or even just regular ole plans for that matter.  Have you ever noticed that about me?  :)
 
First of all, I fully believe you can jinx yourself!  And you can set yourself up for failure and - well - humiliation!  lol  Not only that, but in my personal experience, when you start gettin all cocky and declaring stuff, the Universal hand sneaks right up behind you and smacks you on the head.  Oh yeah - and, Iyanla Vanzant says you are just giving away all your energy when you go out into the world and blab all your plans and secrets and things you're working on.  Last but not least, everything is subject to change at any time without advance notice.  You know the saying..."We make plans, God laughs."  Boy, am I glad I finally got that one! 

Anyway, I've mustered up my courage and I'm going way out on a limb here.....

*deep breath*
 
I hereby declare that I have goals for next week.

There!  I said it!  :D


*Note to Self and others - I did not promise to achieve them all, and hereby reserve the right to make any/all necessary changes at anytime.  I also grant myself permission to stumble and curse as necessary along the way.  There! *grins*

1.  I will make every effort to ease my way back into work at a reasonable pace.  Further, I promise (myself) to maintain a sense of balance in doing so, in order to preserve all progress on my healing journey to date.

2.  Upon receipt of my shoe (ordered!) and resolution of the boot conundrum (see below), I will begin walking practice as tolerated and in moderation, per post-op instructions.  *keyword: moderation*


3.  I will get very firm with the Orthotics Dept., who has ignored two messages from me, about exchanging this defective boot - my healing depends on it.

4.  I will allow myself to have fun by accepting several generous invitations from friends, but be mindful not to overdo it.

5.  I will resist the urge to vacuum and clean the bathroom floor.

6.  I will practice some level of restraint when it comes to ice cream!

How about you?  Plans? Goals? It could get very lonely for me out here on this limb all by myself!  :D

*In preparation for Goal #1 I have been working on organizing my office space so I can do some admin. work this week.  And, while I'd love to take up residence in my little studio in the woods, that would require a bit of a "commute" and involve stairs.  Maybe next month  :)

(executive chair compliments of Mom)

(deluxe sound system)



(energy efficient climate control compliments of Mother Nature)

(the view)

No comments:

Post a Comment