"Think how you can, not why you can't." - Dr. John H. Cox -

Friday, April 9, 2010

A Girl and Her Peas - based on a true story - by Yours Truly

ALRIGHT, WHO TOOK MY FRIGGN PEAS?!

THE. END.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Foreward ~

Just kidding, of course :D

But, seriously now.......who would steal a poor little unsuspecting injured girl's peas?!  That was the question of the 8:00 hour this morning, my friends...
You know --- PEAS! 


See.....I have developed a sort of rotating schedule between the peas and another regular ole less-than-charming ice pack.  And yes, I admit to having become quite attached to my peas.  Aren't they cute?  :)  They're fun to look at and fun to fondle.  Oh, and yeah, they work really good on injuries!
So, you can imagine my utter dismay when my peas went MIA this morning.  As my Mom would say, I was in a "dither."  (Well, maybe not a real dither but you have to admit, it adds a little drama to the story lol)  Hmmm.....my first thought was.........DANG!  The dog ate my peas!  Check under the bed.....nope.  Dog is snoring and no peas in sight.  Report to freezer and empty it almost completely, in search of my beloved peas.  Nope. Lots of chicken, but no peas.  Lost in the mountain of pillows and blankets on the bed?  No peas.  Sofa cushions?  Nada.  Starting to panic........Dear God, are the peas hiding in the same place my mind is? One or the other would be bad enough, but how am I expected to carry on without my peas and my mind?!  Bathroom.  Office.  Deck.  *biting lip*  No peas. Considering sending out an emergency pea alert, just to see which girlfriend shows up here first.  That could be fun, eh?  lol
Last check - fling open Cammie's door and GASP in horror.  *eyes wide* My own daughter is sleeping with MY peas?!  Cameron!  Oh, the shame of it! That rotten little PEA THIEF!
Plan volley attack as I hobble over to the bed.  And, just as I prepare to BONK her over the head with the peas, I notice something......hey.......let me look a little closer.......pull glasses from atop my head (at least I haven't lost them yet!) so I can focus better........absolutely amazing......how could it be that 21 years later her face still looks the same when she's sleeping?  Yep.  Spontaneous rewind back to the toddler bed days.  She still looks the same.  Her cheeks.  Her eyelashes.  Her mouth.  Still the same.  Still my baby.  My sweet baby.  I so adore her.  More now, than then, if that's possible.  I kiss her forehead.  She doesn't budge.  And, as I leave the room, peas in tow, I have to chuckle.  Decidedly, no one could get away with stealing my peas and get a kiss in return - except Cammie.  I repeat - that rotten little PEA THIEF!  :)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds as though she also stole your heart 21 years ago!
    Great tale that will become family lore.
    <>< Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. she most certainly did, Mel....and I've been head over heels ever since.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that the pea volley air attack was averted.
    In the interest of "whirled peas", that is.
    I've had kind of a nagging lower back recently.
    Would you recommend that I give peas a chance?
    -McBee

    ReplyDelete
  4. McBee ~
    In my professional opinion - go for the combo meal - child pose w/peas - BLEND WELL ;)

    ReplyDelete